Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Happy Belated New Year

Since the last time I wrote, so much has happened: my family came in town for Christmas, I made some New Years resolutions I of course have yet to follow, and it snowed in Paris. So basically the past two months have been amazing!
My amazing, crazy family came in town on Christmas Eve and stayed for a week. Instead of having a week packed-full of sightseeing, we decided to sleep in, eat the best food we've ever eaten, and watch the Eiffel Tower light up each night. It was the perfect vacation. Seeing my family for the first time in 4 months was something out of a movie. I was walking down a busy Parisian street (with a baguette, croissants, and pain au chocolat in my arms of course), saw my family, and ran towards them with big smiles and a few happy tears. It was so much fun to show them around "my city" as they called it. I took them to my favorite cafes, bars, and of course parks and we just sat and caught up, it really was ideal. I can only hope they come back here before my year of being an au pair is up! 
After my family left and returned back to the states, I had this feeling of emptiness it was bizarre. I know I am fully capable of being on my own in this city, but I guess I didn't realize how much I truly missed my family and friends until they were here, with that being said EVERYONE COME VISIT! But honestly I was in a funk for a few weeks after them leaving (It could have been the freezing cold weather too), but I think I am realizing that I am supposed to be an adult and grown up. That realization is a hard one to handle.  I am definitely going to have to work on being (and acting) like an adult in the next few months. 

IT SNOWED IN PARIS! It was like every picture I have seen of Paris in the snow. If you follow me on instagram you were probably annoyed at my constant updates of poor quality pictures, but hey I was excited. Once the snow finally stuck there was a thick enough blanket to cover the sidewalks, grassy areas and the rooftops of Paris, it was breathtaking. The Parisians were even excited for this snow because they have not seen that much snow in Paris in years. It truly was a sight to see! 

So there it is a little bit of an update about my past two months. So much has happened, my blog post would be even more boring than this one to read, so I am saving you the trouble. 
I've actually started journaling, which should be a surprise to most of you who know me well, so I will have more funny stories and memories to post here! 



No comments:

Post a Comment