Sunday, April 22, 2012

Paula Deen's Mexican Casserole

This past week and the upcoming few weeks my school schedule is packed (along with everyone else's who is about to graduate). So naturally instead of making sure I stay on top of my work and finish things a few days in advance I decided that pinterest would be something more interesting to me. This semester I have found one of my favorite recipe's on the site and have made it numerous times (with a few changes to spice it up a bit). Being a poor college student it is really easy to make and inexpensive (and it refrigerate and reheats well).



Ingredients: 
1- 10 3/4 ounce can of cream of chicken soup
1- 10 3/4 ounce can of cheddar cheese soup
1- 10 3/4 ounce can of cream of mushroom soup
1- 10 ounce can of Rotel diced tomatoes and green chile peppers (she suggests just diced tomatoes)
1- rotisserie chicken shredded 
1- package flour tortillas
2 cups of shredded Mexican flavored cheese

Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a mixing bowl, add the three types of soup with the Rotel and the shredded chicken
3. In an oven safe dish place the tortillas on the bottom, put the soup rotel and shredded chicken mixture on top, place more tortillas on the top of that and then sprinkle the cheese on top. 
4. Put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes 
5. I personally like to serve with Pace Picante sauce to add more flavor to the casserole.

This flavorful casserole does not get boring to me I can reheat it and eat until it is finished! 

*I have adapted this recipe from one I found on Paula Deen's recipe website.

No comments:

Post a Comment